Can you believe we finally have sunny days in London with clear blue skies, and the temperature hitting a cool 27°C (80°F). It's putting such a huge smile on my face - there's something so awesome about enjoying good weather. It got me thinking about self-care, and how I only got into 'self-care' after becoming a mom. Self-care isn't a luxury, it's a must for all moms - it's how we can handle it all with strength, grace, and a sense of accomplishment. Self-care isn't selfish, it's the foundation for moms to be the best they can be – for themselves, and the whole family.
Now, I want to share three awesome self-care activities you can do this summer.
First up: Dry Skin Brushing
It's a wonderful way to give your skin some TLC. You basically brush your skin gently, ideally with a natural bristle brush, before a shower (or bath). Brush towards your heart, starting from your arms and legs and moving inwards. Just avoid any cuts, rashes, or sensitive spots.
Dry skin brushing has so many benefits, including:
- Smooth Skin: it's like a natural exfoliation that leaves your skin feeling super smooth
- Better Blood Flow: it increases blood circulation, which helps promote better oxygenation of cells, and remove toxins
- Lymphatic Support: it stimulates the lymphatic system, aiding in the detoxification process and supporting immune function
- Bye-Bye Cellulite! Regular dry brushing helps improve the appearance of cellulite by enhancing blood flow and lymphatic drainage
- Morning Boost: it's invigorating, like a little energy boost to start your day
Remember, don't go too hard – just what feels good for you. And if you've got any skin conditions or health concerns, always seek guidance of your healthcare professional before you start.
I'm curious: What do you like to do for self-care?
Have an amazing week ahead, and catch you next week for our next self-care tip!
✍️ Quote of the Week
"Self-care is how you take your power back." - Lalah Delia