Terms & Conditions: Statement of Acknowledgement & Informed Consent
I understand that dietary and lifestyle changes are an absolute prerequisite, and that failure to follow sound nutritional, exercise and lifestyle advice could undermine expected results. I accept or reject this care of my own free will.
I am committed to taking positive actions to make improvements in my health and to meet my goals. Results will depend on my commitment and the consistency of my efforts.
- Schedule. Sessions are held via Zoom, unless agreed otherwise.
- Plan. You will receive the notes (plan, handouts, recipes and other material) of your agreed weekly actions by email within 48 hours of each session.
- Support. Ongoing support is provided via WhatsApp, either by text or by voice messages (under 2 minutes). I will always get back to you within 24 hours.
- Cancellation and no-show. A notice of 48 hours (via WhatsApp) is required for appointment cancellations. Failure to cancel at least 48 hours before the session, or a no show, will be counted as a session. If I do either, I will give you an extra session as compensation.
- Lateness. If you are late for a session, the session will not be extended and will end at the appointed time.
- Confidentiality. All emails, data and anything discussed during our sessions will be kept private and confidential at all time.
- Payment. All sessions must be paid for in advance. Payments are non-refundable.
- Disclaimer. You will be provided with the current evidence-based dietary, nutrition and wellness information and advice, yet they may not be recognised or accepted by standard (allopathic) medicine.
- Nutritional Therapy. Severine Menem is a Registered Nutritional Therapist (DipNT, mBANT, rCHNC). She practices the principles of naturopathic medicine to assist the body’s own ability to heal and to improve the quality of life through good nutrition and lifestyle. She is not a medical doctor (GP) and her services are not a substitute for medical care. She is not permitted to dispense medical advice, diagnose, prescribe medications, nor claim to treat medical conditions. She will not encourage you to terminate any previous therapies or medications, but will gladly cooperate with medical doctors upon request to support your health concerns. Any recommendations for laboratory tests, diet or nutritional supplements made will be to support, not replace, medical treatment that you may be receiving. In addition, we strongly advise you consult with your GP before any significant dietary or lifestyle adjustments, and it is your duty to report them all supplements you have chosen to take.
- Risks. Even the gentlest therapies, supplements and medications potentially have their complications in certain physiological conditions, in those on multiple medications, in very young children, in pregnancy, and while breastfeeding. The slight health risk of some naturopathic treatments may include, but is not limited to: aggravation of pre-existing symptoms, allergic reaction to supplements or herbs, gastrointestinal discomfort, skin rashes, pain.
- GDPR. I am legally obliged to store your personal data securely for 8 years. After 8 years, your data will be destroyed unless it is required for any medical or legal reasons. Your personal data will never be used for marketing purposes or used for anything other than to contact you, or share with another medical or legal body after you have given consent where applicable. You are entitled to request a copy of your data, and be removed from any marketing mailing lists as and when you wish to do so.
- Information gathering. You are not an agent of any private or government agency attempting to gather information without so stating your intentions.